As with any event, it’s important to make sure that everyone’s able to enjoy the event equally, regardless of their background, or experience within the Networking community. With that in mind, we have published the following Participation Policy, which all attendees are expected to follow.
- NetLdn is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees or organisers in any form.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of different backgrounds. Sexual or offensive language and imagery is not appropriate, including within talks.
- Be kind to others. Some attendees may need help which is not obvious.
- Do not insult or put down other attendees or the organisers. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate.
- We aim to offer a relaxed environment for like-minded individuals to safely and freely interact. This is not a professional environment, there is no dress code or corporate affiliation but, it is also not your private home environment. Please conduct yourself appropriately for public spaces.
- Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave at the sole discretion of the organisers. If you’re instead given a warning, this applies immediately.
- The facilities provided by our gracious hosts are provided gratis. Please pay full respect to the space, and to the staff working around you during the meeting, as you would be expected to in any public venue.
- From time to time the meet-ups may occur in venues that request their exact location remain confidential to anyone not attending. In such a case we request that you keep the exact location confidential when speaking to anyone who was not present at the meeting.
- Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
Any unfavourable or inappropriate behaviour should be raised to Javed, Bill, Ian, Richard, James, or a proxy whom you feel comfortable liaising with. We can be reached either in person at the events, or collectively via a direct messages to the @netldn Twitter account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – we treat all communications as confidential.
Everyone is welcome to contribute to NetLdn – it is an event by the Networking community for the Networking community. Contributions can be made in several ways. If you want to contribute, please consider one of the options below and the advice on how to contribute more successfully.
- Contributing a talk/presentation – the obvious requirement is that the content is somehow networking related. Talks about any area of networking and from any industry are welcome. Please ensure the talk can not be interpreted as offensive to anyone and please do not include rude or offensive material. If you are unsure of the suitability of the talk you wish to submit or need any advice, please contact us and we’ll gladly help.
- Asking questions – during the meetings there may be an optional Q&A session after a talk. We encourage attendees to ask questions to get the most out of the meetings. Please try to ask questions that are constructive “Can you tell us your reasons for choosing X?” or that help you and others better understand the presentation message “Please can you explain X in more detail?”. Do not ask questions that are offensive to the speaker or contribute no additional benefit to the presentation. If you are too nervous to ask a question, or want to ask anonymously, speak to an event organiser, we can ask the question anonymously on your behalf.
- Offering a venue – we prefer to remain in a consistent venue location to keep organisation simpler for all. From time to time we may want or need to use a different venue. We do accept offers of alternate venues however, this is a non-profit unaffiliated social event. We will not accept offers from venues that expect any sort of promotional reciprocation or affiliation. We currently prefer pubs with an “event” room, in return for the use of the space we collectively spend a reasonable amount of money on the evening of the meet-up. Disabled access is preferred.
We reserve the right to add and edit the Participation Policy in the future, or as required to ensure a friendly & fun environment.